Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter is Coming

We had a fantastic time on Saturday at our squadron Easter party. 
When we first arrived, the kids saw the bubbles, and what kids don't like bubbles?




It was so precious to see Leah's first time hunting for Easter eggs. We showed her one, told her to put it in her basket and pointed her to another one, and just like that, she was a professional Easter egg hunter. She knew what to do and was so excited to find all that she could. Such a sweet girl.






Oh she's beautiful and I love the excitement and wonder that I see through her eyes.  This age is so much fun to watch and I can just imagine all of the electrictiy going on in her little brain as she learns about the world around her.

The boys knew all about the little yummies that the eggs were filled with and while they aren't aggressive enough to collect a huge amount of eggs, they filled their baskets enough to make them happy. I saw Matthew hand a plastic egg to a child smaller than he, and really, I'd much rather see him do that, than win a contest of who got the most eggs.  Besides, they more than made up for it with the pinata candy!



And sweet little Anna was giving away smiles to the squadron commander's wife. I think this is the best one I've captured on camera.


Have a blessed Easter week!

No comments: