Monday, March 15, 2010

back to blogging

this is not acceptable. nine posts in 3 1/2 months? i want to vividly remember so many more days than that and i promise to myself to write on this blog more often to help me do that.

remember things like...

*sleeping with my sweet Anna snuggled in my bed with Chris and me everynight. hearing her sweet sighs as she drifts off to sleep. that's my favorite sound right now.

*that, and Leah calling for her mommy in the morning to get her out of her crib. she'll wake up and sit quietly playing with her pacies and her blankets for an hour or so, but once she hears Anna waking up, she wants up too.

*watching Leah try to put a shirt on all by herself this morning. can i help you? nuooo, in her emphasised way that she says no when she really means it. otherwise, just a simple no actually means yes usually. she just doesn't say yes yet for some reason. so she tried with her shirt for about five minutes before she asked for help...from her big brother Gabriel, who actually couldn't get her head into the hole of her shirt either and then she allowed me to help. and less than 30 minutes later that shirt is covered in milk from her sneaking up on the kitchen chair to finish Gabe's cereal that he left there...after she downed a bowl of cereal herself.

*waking up to hear the big boys riding their bikes in the backyard. they aren't allowed to ride them in the front unless Chris or i are there with them, so they improvised. 9am and they were already sweaty.

we have school to do today. we started back last week with Christopher and finished up Africa. this week we move in to Asia, specifically Saudi Arabia. we'll also start back up with Matthew's first grade work again. we should still finish sometime this summer, but it was worth it to have ample cuddle time with my sweetness of a newborn.

a few photos of the past few weeks or so...




my mom visited and we did the tourist thing at the Alamo
my sweet oldest turned nine years old in february


sweet Anna loving her big brother Gabe

Leah toting around one of her "guys", which she sneaks from her brothers' lego piles all of the time

me and my sweet newborn. i love her!

No comments: