Monday, March 15, 2010

a loooong walk

so i know that walking from my house to the end of cibolo valley drive and back is four miles. i've driven it to see when i ran it last year. what i didn't know, was that it would take two hours to bike/stroller/walk it with five kids. including a short trip to a neighborhood park that we 'borrowed' since it really is for people who live in that neighborhood only. we know someone who lives there, so i counted that. and i held my breath when my 'rule-follower' nine year old read the sign, hoping he wouldn't question me about it. i ended up calling my friend who lives there to join us to justify our law breaking, but she was out of town. that was good enough for Christopher.

this is how we roll...our big caboose


best buds/brothers waiting for momma

i can't run on my treadmill right now, as my knee ligaments are still recovering from two weeks ago when i started my exercise routine back up, eight weeks post partum (so you'd think i'd be okay), so that's where the long walk came from. i keep myself motrined up and thought walking should be okay. it didn't help the older boys enjoyment of our walk that they had to stop at every street before they crossed and wait for the rest of us, walking with the stroller, to catch up. once Gabe learns to ride well, we can use the bike trailer for the girls. that will be a while i'm thinking, since he screeched in fear yesterday when Chris tried to get him riding with the training wheels even. he was rolling down the barely there hill that our sidewalk is. we'll have to go up to the school parking lot to practice with him i think.


and we did start school today...not until Chris got home from work, but it got done. and without too much opposition from the troops.

No comments: