Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our Little Photo Shoot

Ever since we had family/maternity pictures and newborn pictures of Anna taken by a friend of mine who is an awesome photographer, I've been wanting to try it out for myself instead of going back to a chain studio.  The kids and Chris gave me a new camera for Mother's Day this year and I love taking pictures with it and love the memories that I capture with it.  I'd love to take time to research tips about how to take better pictures, but for some reason (or five walking, talking, needy reasons), I don't get a lot of time to better my skills other than just doing it.

So this morning I used the good natural light that comes into my bedroom through our east facing wall of windows and we did a little photo shoot. 

Leah is a natural little model and loves having her picture taken.  Anna wasn't into it for very long and the boys didn't like it much either.  I still got some cute ones though and they are already enlarged and hanging on our wall.



So those ones above are the ones that are now 10x13s hanging in our home.  The rest of these are some more of my favorites.



One of these days I will get some of my childhood pictures scanned and up on here so you can see just how much Leah is turning into a mini-me.  And she's adorable, so that says good things about me.

No comments: