Friday, July 30, 2010

His First Book

So Matthew learned to read this past school year.  He did well and didn't fuss too much through it, but it just wasn't his favorite thing to do.  He didn't share my and my oldest son's love of reading for fun, and that was a little disappointing, but still okay if it wasn't his favorite thing.  I gave him his space, apart from reading what was required for school. 

But three days ago, for the first time, he brought me a book and asked if he could read it to me.  That made my day.  And even better, I've seen him reading to Leah up in her room a time or two since then. 

So he read Danny and the Dinosaur to me over three days and he did so well. I think he must have been reading to himself for practice because he had improved so much compared to just a month ago when we finished school.

I hope this is a start to a love of reading for him. 


1 comment:

Champion Builders said...

Yay!!! It so great when they find that book that makes it click for them! :)