Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's in the Park

My Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group met at our favorite park on Wednesday to have fun with each other using St. Patrick's Day as our excuse.  We had four leaf clover crafts but we mainly hung out together and let the kids play in this beautiful south Texas weather. 



Christopher with some of his favorite friends...they spent most of the morning back in the bamboo forest exploring and doing fun boy stuff.


Anna has no problem finding willing friends to hold her.  I think Jess is one of her favorites.  But then again, Jess is a mom of three boys and I think she likes holding my little girl too.




This picture just seems to Anna to me.  She's standing up in her stroller (being defiant) and stuffing her face with food.  This girl must be about to hit a growth spurt with how much she's been eating lately!

I love Leah's choice of shoes here.  I've learned that the shoes that she wears to a park is what whoever said the quote "don't sweat the small stuff" was talking about. 

If you have any kids under kindergarten and would like some good friends to hang out with, look up the closest MOPS group on http://www.mops.org/.  Being a military family, we have to plug in quickly when we move or by the time we find friends, it'll be time to move again!  I joined the MOPS group at our church within weeks of moving here and they were a life saver when we were going through Leah's hip surgery less than a month after we moved here.  (My blog post on Leah's hip surgery...you have to read down a bit before I got to it).

Anna's starting to walk more and more, but I will be happy when she is walking well.  I see a lot of park days in our near future and having a crawling baby at the park is quite dirty.

No comments: