Tuesday, February 15, 2011

14 Days of Valentine Fun

Being the super crafty, super organized, and super loving mom that I am (okay so maybe the first two 'super' characteristics are a little exaggerated), I took some ideas from out there in blog world and made a Valentine's Day advent calendar with my kids.  They heard that they'd get to use paint and were super excited about it too.


And the final project...viola!
I tweaked the craft made here using a canvas, paint, heart shaped paper mache boxes ($1 each at Hobby Lobby), scrapbook paper, an empty spaghetti box, and lots of modge podge.

And into each box, I slipped in a fun activity written on slips of paper. 

Some of the many (14) activites we did throughout the first 14 days of February...

We enjoyed Valentine's hot cocoa (with pastel marshmallows in it; I didn't have heart shaped marshmallows the day we opened that box...so much for the 'super organized' mamma I talked about earlier). 


We made some floating hearts to hang from the windows.

(idea from this blog)


We made a Valentine wreath.
(idea for the wreath here)

We "heart attacked" some friends' front doors.


We went to a Valentine party at our homeschool co-op where the kids exchanged valentines and played games.









Anna thinking she has better things to do that sit and take pictures.

And she's outa here!

And we made and brought Chris some brownie cupcakes at work to share with his co-workers.



See the little wishful girl wanting to help eat that!





Don't think that we did this perfectly! Some days we doubled up because I didn't have the energy to get the activities done each day. It was fun though, and just another way to enjoy doing little things with my kids.

Happy Valenine's Day!



No comments: