Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bluebonnets

I suppose I had to do it eventually.  I just loved our bluebonnets picture from last year so much that I didn't want to take it down from my blog header! 

We haven't had very much rain this spring, so our Texas landscape sadly isn't as colorful as it was last year.  I'd say only about 5% of the bluebonnets from last year made an appearance again this year.  We still had some yellows and pinks and whites growing wild along the roadways, but not the take-your-breath-away canvas of color that we were blessed with last year.  And I was hoping for it since this is our last spring here.

But we found a patch of bluebonnets not far from our house, and stopped pulled over to capture some more memories.  We had just come from the zoo and Leah had crazy car seat hair where her ponytail had been rubbed against her carseat so many times on the way home that she looked like she had a very messy 'bump-it' under her hair.  I tried to smooth it down, but it didn't help, and then taking the ponytail completely out left her hair in a crazy sort of permanant mess.

And the bluebonnets were not quite as bright as they should have been, but the pictures I took were still sweet.


My new header picture






The boys ran back to the car as fast as they could once I got a few shots of all five kids.  I'm still hoping for a spring shower so maybe some more bluebonnets will come out and we can go back to get more pictures.

**********************************************************************************

And posts are coming less often (although I do start plenty of them!) because we are in the midst of scouring the internet for a potential home in Florida.  I think we've found one and things are moving quickly!

1 comment:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

They are all adorable! How fun to run through bluebonnets.