Monday, February 22, 2010

Mommy Anniversary

Today marks the anniversary of a very sweet day...the day that my first child, my son Christopher, was born nine years ago today.
As I write this, I look out the window and see him and Matthew playing in the backyard with a bungee cord. Christopher has it hooked on the front of his shorts and Matthew has it hooked on the back of his pants and they are trying to pull apart from each other. That's their life. And I love it.

I love that boy so much. He's so sweet and smart and loving and sensitive and handsome and cuddly. We know when he's happy and he has a great laugh to show it. We know when he's had his feelings hurt because has a sweet crack in his voice as he tries not to cry. We definatley know when he's mad (and we're trying to work on that!) He's the most honest child I've met. He's so smart and has a ginormous imagination. He doesn't try to fit in with others, which I love, but he's also shy unless he's with his best bud. Or with his brothers. He hates talking on the phone. He loves playing outside and riding his bike and doing (what he thinks are) cool tricks on it. He's growing up to be a great kid and I love him so much.

No comments: