Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Five is Hard!

Yes, five children is proving to be more difficult than four. I think adding a newborn to any mix is harder than what you're used to though. Especially when you are adding a newborn to a mix of children that includes a toddler. A toddler that is getting to that special age where she wants to test her independance and she knows that you can't jump up to correct her while you are feeding or holding a newborn and she just looks at you and continues to push every magazine and other pieces of clutter off of the table while you sternly tell her to stop. Or will not come to you when she has a glob of snot running down her face that you want to wipe away.

But then Leah wants to hold sweet Anna and I would not change anything at all (except the snot glob).

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on your beautiful daughter! What a beautiful and happy handful you have! I am very impressed that you are back in school so soon after your fifth! I've been wondering how I survived having babies every 1.5-2 years for so many years and couldn't imagine dealing with my 2 year old plus a newborn right now! Toddlers are tough, especially when you care about training them and teaching them obedience!!!

Hi, I'm Jami! said...

Thanks! LOL, we are on another break for sickness though :o)

Amanda said...

This picture is soo cute!
Keep up the good work, we will pray for little Anna. My oldest had rsv and it was no fun at all. (that was 7 years ago)
And Congratulations!!