Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Irene, Goodbyes & Baptisms

This week was crazy for us.  First of all, we were keeping on eye on Irene.  She was threatening to come straight for us for a while, and seeing that we are about a half mile from the coast, we didn't know whether we'd be given an evacuation order, if we needed to board up our windows, and whether or not my husband would be here for it or if I'd be running from this storm on my own with our kids, dog, and as many prized possessions and we could fit in our van.
My husband cuts out these paper hurricanes to track on our school map...so funny but the kids love keeping up with it.

Lucky for us, she decided to go a different route.  I'm so sorry to the Louisiana and Mississippi coast and anyone else who sustained damage, but it made life here a little less stressful, so I was happy.  We still boarded up some windows, staked our trampoline to the ground, and brought our 426 outside chairs/toys/pool floats in and away from wind danger.  We got some outer bands with a bunch of rain and wind, but nothing damaging.     


Which was nice, considering it was at the same time we were doing this...saying good-bye to Daddy for a while.

Thus, the reason I was a bit stressed.  Husband deploying...hurricane coming...kind of a lot to deal with in one weekend.




But, before he left, we were able to see our two older boys get baptized together.  They both gave their lives to Jesus as their savior a while ago, but showed our church family their decision this weekend.

Warms a momma's heart.





It you wouldn't mind, say a prayer or two for my husband's safety and the kids and I who are left missing him so much.

Have a great week!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

what an emotional week!! I will be praying for your family and thank you so much for your sacrifices for us all!

Kimberly said...

Yes, I will pray. Great news about your sons!