Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Week: 12

Our life.

One week at a time.

2012.

Week 12.

This week. . .
(3.19.12 - 3.25.12)

First swim of the year...

The temps got up into the high 70s, and to the boys, that's warm enough for swimming.  The water is still quite chilly, so we girls are happy to just stick our feet in.  Anna actually missed out when the boys first jumped in, but she joined in when she awoke from her nap.  (Which is why Leah was in her undies...her swim suit was in the room Anna was sleeping in.)



Ready to join in...



This is the life...


This spring weather just makes me want to skip around and sing at the top of my lungs.  I love it.

And if it's warm enough for the pool, it's definately warm enough to walk to our friendly neighborhood beach.


Actually, it cooled just a bit this day and was windy, so it wasn't the best beach day.  But I didn't know that until after we were ready to go, so there was no way I could cancel our beach trip.  And it's never too cold (in Florida) to play in the sand.


And they wouldn't be my boys if they didn't make volcanoes out of buckets, sand, and water.


I'm looking forward to many more treks across our neighborhood to this place.



This week in school, week 27:
  • Lots of learning about ancient and medeival Africa...Ghana, Mali, the Songhay Empire, Zimbabwe...
  • Studying Mars in Astronomy.  The hands-on activities for this week were to make a volcano (which we didn't do due to not being able to find our volcano model since our move...did I throw it out?) and designing a Mars habitat, which the boys did with Legos and I didn't take a picture of.  This just wasn't my week with taking pictures of school.
  • Studying pictures of different paintings from the Renaissance.
  • Gabriel read about the story of Joseph in his Bible reader and is doing well learning about more phonics rules.   
  • We went back to make sure we completed all the previously scheduled science activities in Gabe's first grade book.  One we did this week was learning about trees.  We did some bark rubbings of the different trees by our house and identified the trees.






We also had some friends over this week.  It's kind of neat because we were all stationed together in Texas, and now we are stationed with one of the families here while another was visiting from the north where they moved to.  It's fun to meet up with old friends and it's quite common in the military to get to do that in later assignments.


All of our boys...

And all of our girls...





Now I'm very excited to be able to go on a military wives retreat up in Alabama for TWO nights!  It's like a camp for kids, with all sorts of outdoor activities, but only wives are allowed.  I'm SO excited!  And I'm so thankful that my awesome hubby is completely capable of handling his kiddos while I go.

Have a great week!

No comments: