Thursday, May 20, 2010

Two.

Dear Leah,

Two years and nine months ago, God used a piece of Mommy and a piece of Daddy and formed you in my womb.  He knew everything about you then, all of the sweetness you would fill our lives with.  I was so excited when we found out we were pregnant with you.  We told your brothers right away and they were so excited too.  They started thinking of names for you right away and were anxious to learn if you were a brother or a sister. 

When I was pregnant with you and went through a few scary incidents, I knew that I would love you, whoever you turned out to be, whichever direction our lives would lead.  There is something magical to me, knowing that God was using me to grow a new life that he had created.  You are that life.  And look where you are now, who you are.

Two years ago today became one of the absolute best days of my life.  I met you.  I kissed you.  I loved you.  And I've had the privelege of loving you every single day ever since.

You have grown so much this past year.  You went from a crawling little baby to a running, jumping, talking little girl.  I still call you my baby, but you are at that time in toddlerhood where you are leaving babyhood behind while still needing your mommy sometimes too.  You are growing into a little girl who loves to laugh, loves to do things by yourself, loves to try new things.  Your sense of humor is showing itself and you love to laugh at your big brothers and get in on their 'knock-knock' jokes.  The only part that you ever say is "knock-knock" and it is so cute to hear.  You also love to say "Okaaayyyy" and "Oh yahhhh".  You are 26 pounds of cuteness.

When you run, it's more like fast walking.  When you jump, your feet barely lift off the floor, if at all.  You love to twirl, love to jump on your brothers, love to chase them around. 

You love to brush your teeth, suck on your paci, give Anna high fives, get pushed around in the stroller, sit in Anna's bouncy seat and in her swing.  You change your clothes at least three times a day and you get so excited when you see your pj's in any pile of laundry.  You love to try on shoes, wear socks whenever you see them, and put on any bracelet or watch that you find, especially Daddy's, which you get him to give to you when he gets home from work everyday. 

You love the swing the best at the park and you love to throw rocks.  It's so funny to watch you try to pick up little pebbles that are actually stuck to a gravel road.  You try a few times before you give up.  You share your brothers' love of coloring and you are always finding markers and coloring on your body. 

You love your baby sister.  You show us her body parts all of time by pointing at her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, etc.  You give her kisses and hugs a lot, but you aren't always quite gentle enough in your clumsy toddlerness.

You love your big brothers.  You want to play with the same toys that they do...dinosaurs, cars, trains, airplanes, space toys.  They give you kisses all of the time and spoil you so much, and you just soak it all in and love them.  You take their toys or color on their papers and they forgive you in two seconds and love on you still.  Christopher and Matthew love to get you from your crib when you wake up in the morning or from your nap.

I love every bit of you...your bright blue eyes, your soft, wispy blonde hair that forms into soft curls sometimes, your tiny little fingers on your pudgy little hands.  I love how you sit perfectly still while I polish your little finger nails and toe nails.  I love having fun with you and finding things that you'll enjoy doing, although you can find fun in everything.  I love how much you love me and how much you love your Daddy. 

I am so excited about this coming year and the fun we'll have together, what you'll learn, and all of the love that we'll share.  I love you Leah.

Love,
Mommy


No comments: