Monday, September 5, 2011

Missing Friends

I'm missing this right now...


And this...

And these little friends...



And getting together every Thursday over the summer with more good friends for this...






And I know that before I know it, I'll be making memories to share with new friends in this new place. 

But forget the kids having a hard time with moves.  They were fine from day one.  And I thought I was too, but I think I'm at the point where the newness is wearing off and I'm seeing what is left, what is real.  It's been almost four weeks since we left our Texas friends and it's finally kicking in that this is where I am now; I've started a new season of my life, one I'm very happy with the location of, but it's still not easy to be completley content when so much is different. 

I'm excited for God's plans for us right now, where he has brought us to.  I'll trust that he has good things and good friends in store for us here. 

So I'll miss my friends from Texas, just like I missed my friends from Nebraska three years ago, but I know we'll find some here that we'll miss just as much when it's time to move on again.  I guess I just want finding them to happen quicker.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww, I would be your friend if I lived closer!! Keep your chin up, I am sure you will make some good friends soon! :)

Hi, I'm Jami! said...

Thanks Jenn! We are getting involved in more things and meeting some other great moms. :o)