Friday, May 20, 2011

A Little Girl Turns 3

How does this happen so quickly?
Three years have gone by and this chubby little newborn has turned into a fun, silly, sensitive, mini-mama preschooler.
So of course we made her day special.
And special days start with donuts of course.



To be followed with a much anticipated Mickey and Minnie Mouse party later that morning.



We started out at the park on a very overcast day.  It was supposed to rain, so we set everything up at my gracious friend Sara's home, who lives right by the park we were at.  But we had fun playing at the park for about an hour before we headed indoors.  And it never rained.

Yes, I made the hair bows, the shirt (iron-on) and the shoes! Go me!






We went to the house for Hot Diggity Dogs and Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse cake and other yummies.

Cake made by Leah's daddy.





Corker bows that I made as party favors for the girls.


Mickey mouse ears party favors...foam circles, a foam strip and a piece of elastic, all attached with hot glue.

Minnie and Micky necklaces for all the kids.

Chocolate dipped rice krispy treat Mickey ears.













We had the party on Leah's actual birthday, May 20th.  Chris was able to take the day off of work and Leah and the other kids had a great time.  Leah's so excited to be three now and likes to tell everyone she talks to.

She decided not to wear her birthday tutu at the indoor portion of her party like I had planned, but she put it on once we got home and let me take lots of cute pictures of her with it on.











That evening we took her out for her birthday dinner.  She chose Cracker Barrell.  Her choice may have had something to do with me reminding her how yummy their mac and cheese is. 








Anna got a wooden pink rocking chair for her birthday and Leah loved it so much that we got her one for this birthday.

I'm pretty sure Leah enjoyed her special day and I thank God that she's my little girl.  I love her so much and I know that her being my little girl has made me a better mama.  As much as I think that she's growing up way too fast, I am loving watching her grow and am excited for the woman she will become.  I love you sweet Leah!

No comments: