Monday, June 21, 2010

Kids Camp

Chris and the two older boys went to Kids' Camp with our church for five days last week. The pictures he took make me want to go to a camp for adults that does the same fun activities!
The boys had a great time of course. Chris was the third grade boys' counselor and the only third grade boys that went were Christopher and his two best friends.

Matthew was only able to go because Chris volunteered to help and so he was a junior camper. He had to sleep in the cabin with the other junior campers. I admit, I was pretty concerned about him not sleeping in Chris' cabin, but he did fine. A friend of ours was in the same cabin as Matthew, as well as her son that is Matthew's age and he was completley fine. (That's what I keep telling myself.) The biggest worry I had was that Matthew had to take showers instead of baths and I didn't know if he could without getting shampoo in his eyes. (Uh, no, he had never taken a shower before.) I did switch out the little travel shampoo that we scooped up from some hotel in Florida for some baby shampoo at the last minute though without Chris knowing. I know that Christopher's getting older and I don't feel like I baby him much anymore, but Matthew, for some reason, seems so much younger to me. Maybe it's the whole thumb sucking thing.

Anyways, Chris took the pictures with our little camera and I hold no responsibility for the quality of them!  Here goes.







No comments: