Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Gluey Day

We've gotten a little behind on our art activities, but I went to the store yesterday and bought all the materials that we've needed and didn't have, so we'll be doing lots of crafts in the coming days. We have to get ready for our Mexican Fiesta on Sunday when we finish our study on Mexico.



Here, Christopher is making his yarn art. He gave up on the house and made Saturn instead.




Matthew made a colorful moon.

Gabriel made a sun. With a LOT of help from Mommy. He cut the yarn and told me the colors to use and I glued and placed the yarn down.


It took longer and was more difficult than I thought it would be. It needed a lot of glue to get stuck to the paper and not to our fingers. People in Mexico did this sort of art but they use wax instead of glue.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi, I found your blog from the My Father's World Blog Roll...I am also doing ECC this year with my 3rd grader and 1st grader. I'm enjoying seeing and reading other homeschooling families projects and experiences. We are just starting week 3 on Monday, so we are a bit behind you. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your household. Good luck on your pregnancy! Thanks for sharing!